Should I start?

Dr. Young, you're the BEST!!! I have a question for you. I just positive and my CD4 is 461 and VL 4,000. Should I be on treatment?

Thanks for your post and comments...

If you're feeling well, with this CD4 count and viral load, I wouldn't be in any hurry to start on treatment. That said, the trend in your numbers is what I'd really use to make the decision about starting. If your numbers don't drift downward (as one would predict with such a low viral load) then the time to start won't be soon; by contrast, your CD4 count or percentage goes down with time, then I'd be more likely to recommend starting treatment.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

Sustiva and Emtriva Only? (follow up)
Newly Diagnosed