HIV C Clade

I have heard that HIV C Clade is develops more resistance to drugs and progresses faster than B. Is this true? Would a person with C Clade likely live a shorter life on average than one with B? Is it possbile to find people who know how to treat C Clade in the Bay Area, CA?

Thank you so much for doing the work you do.

Paniced without information in China.

There was a presentation at the CROI meeting in Boston yesterday that looked at the treatment outcomes of non-clade B virus in the EuroSida cohort of HIV-infected patients in Europe. Of the 635 patients in the trial, most were infected with Clade B (80%). There were 24 patients with Clade C and they responded to antiretroviral therapy quite well. 71% of these 24 individuals suppressed a viral load <500 copies in response to HAART. This was actually slightly better than the patients with Clade B 59% suppressed in this group.

Previous studies have shown that patients with Clade C may develop different patterns of viral resistance if therapy fails compared to Clade B. But there is no reason to think that clade C progresses more rapidly or has a poorer prognosis.

did they make me start to early
I'm an RN as well...