did they make me start to early

Hi I tested positive for HIV in july 2004, I had swollen glands and ulcers in my throat around march and that is when my doctors think I seroconverted. In July my viral load was 150 000 and my cd4 was between 450-500 , 2 weeks later my viral load was down to 750 000 and 2 months later up to 80 000 and now in dec 2004 around 67 000 - my viral load has gone from 450 -318 -370. I started my meds with my vl at 67 000 and cd4 at 370. I am on sustiva, viread and 3tc. do you think I should have waited for a few more months to see if my cd4 and vl became more stable or was I right to start bare in mind the doctors think I was only infected around mar 2004?

many thanks for your help

Thanks for your post and questions.

While the only time to start medications is when your willing and able to take them-- if I were you, with a CD4 count that was reproducibly below 400 and (presumably) I would be considering medications.

Yes, this is a relatively short period following your initial infection, but bear in mind that some patients have more rapid HIV progression (CD4 cell loss) than others-- I'd want to be pro-active, not reactive when it comes to starting treatment.

Hope this helps, BY

eye splash
HIV C Clade