Summary of Treatment Option Pro's/Con's

Doc recommends starting treatment because the load is 100K+ even though the CD count is OK. I want to research treatment options/drug side effects/ pro's con's of treatment options myself but cannot seem to locate an organized source. This forum has hundreds of specific questions that after a while start to read like charlie brown's teacher sounds .. whah whah whah. I simply cannot process and assimilate all the variables into anything that allows me to gather, understand, compare & cross reference .

Has someone at least compiled the drug combo's, their categorties, their side effects. This would be a good start.

If I could add to that recommended options & not recommended options: (that had "why"- stuff like: failure with this drug leaves you with no other drug options is probably a good thing to know to start).

Then specific side effects like lipodystrophy & atrophy are of particular concern due to my vanity. Let's be honest, I don't want to look like the hunchback of notre dame or dorian gray's' painting unless I have to (thank you very much).

Joking aside, I am having a hard time finding the information I need and Doc #4 isn't all that helpful for references .. he's the best one so far but not exactly exuding the kind of stuff that would make you entrust saving your life to him (more than docs 1,2,3 though). I want to decide MY option MYself based on the FACTS and if the doctor believes in an alternative, I want him to convince ME otherwise .. I cannot blindly trust someone else with that decision. It has to be made by me and I hope I dont die before I can gather the information to make a decision.

You think you can point me to some resource that is more summary and comprehensive than overwhelming. Nice tables of facts do very well.

PS. Your glossary does not bring up "trizavir". I assume this is the correct spelling because it appeared in one of the articles but the glossary didn't return an answer (this is what doc #4 recommends for me by the way.. so I pretty much was stuck at step#1. I don't even know what trizavir is?).

Thanks if you can help. I'm sure I can't be the first person to ask this question so sorry I just couldn't find a similar questionin the forum

A good starting point would be the DHHS consensus statement on HIV treatment. This document is organized, extensively footnoted, and is updated regularly. Good luck to you.

cranberry juice for prostatitis
Rare Strain of Multi-Drug Resistant HIV