cranberry juice for prostatitis

Thanks for all the great work you docs do here. I for one am truly appreciative.

I've been poz for two years, and in good health. CD4 355 VL 25k. I've had very, very discolored semen for over a month, brownish/reddish some times very red. Got antibiotic (Levaquin) from my doc for two weeks since he thought it was an infection. When the scrip ran out the symptoms hadn't stopped. So went to urologist - PSA normal, nothing abnormal with testicles, unltrsound on prostate revealed nothing. He refilled the Levaquin and told me to keep taking it. Now it's been more than a month and the symptoms havn't abaited at all. Needless to say I'm a little worried. My doc seems knowledgeable but he's the type that doesn't like to admit when he doesn't know something. Am I resistant to the Levaquin? Should it take this long to go away? It seems like the discoloration might be blood - why would an infection cause there to be blood in my semen? Might I have to start meds to boost my imune system to fight this infect (if it is an infection at all) Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

What may be helpful in a situation like yours is to stop the antibiotics temporarily and then see a urologist to havev a prostatic massage performed. This will yield some prostatic secretions that can be examined under the microscope and cultured for infection. If there is no proven infection then an alternative diagnosis should be sought by a urologist. Good luck.

Advice for a mere gastroenterologist please.
Summary of Treatment Option Pro's/Con's