Is it Time to Get on Meds?

My Tcell count is 233. My viral load is 48,200. I've been positive for about 4 years. My doctor told me I may have to start meds soon. I'm a little nervous about this. Do you think it is about time I start? Is there anything I can do to reverse these numbers, without taking meds?

Thanks for your post and questions.

If you were my patient, I would also recommend starting HIV treatment in the near future. While your apprehension is not unusual, many current first-line treatments can be very, very well tolerated and easy to take. Unfortunately, short of starting medications, there is little that will significantly increase your CD4 cell count.

Good luck, thanks for reading . BY

Confused and concerned
nail fungus