great journal recap
Feb 10, 2005
Saw your journal view. So what's your take on the debate whether it's better to start treatment early or wait? If you were infected today, what would you do? Kevin
Response from Dr. Young
In brief, I'd wait. Now, would I wait till CD4s are 200? I think that there is a tendency for people to wait too long, placing themselves at increased risk of complications. I'd be thinking about starting with CD4 counts at or about 400. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Risk With Condom
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Which Ways Can Chlamydia Spread?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.