|great journal recap
Feb 10, 2005
Saw your journal view. So what's your take on the debate whether it's better to start treatment early or wait? If you were infected today, what would you do? Kevin
| Response from Dr. Young
In brief, I'd wait. Now, would I wait till CD4s are 200? I think that there is a tendency for people to wait too long, placing themselves at increased risk of complications. I'd be thinking about starting with CD4 counts at or about 400. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many People Have Caught Hiv Through Receptive Oral?
- Percentage Of Getting Hiv From Vaginal Intercourse
- Single Act Of Unprotected Penile-vaginal Sex Hiv Risk
- Toilet Tissues With Blood Stain Causing Hiv
- Unprotected Receptive Anal Sex Per 10,000 Exposures
- Acute HIV Symptoms All At Once
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.