|What to do?
Feb 8, 2005
I was recently diagnosed a few weeks ago as HIV+. The first lab results disclosed a 451 CD4 count with an 11,143 viral load. Subsequent lab work will be taken in 4 weeks. Assuming the baseline does not change is it advisable to delay treatments?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question; sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.
Assuming that you're asymptomatic and your next set of labs are similar to your current labs, if I were your doctor, I would not recommend starting treatment at this time.
Good luck, good health. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Clear Your Reproductive System Of Hpv Warts
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- Picture Of Sexually Transmitted Disease Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.