|What to do?
Feb 8, 2005
I was recently diagnosed a few weeks ago as HIV+. The first lab results disclosed a 451 CD4 count with an 11,143 viral load. Subsequent lab work will be taken in 4 weeks. Assuming the baseline does not change is it advisable to delay treatments?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question; sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.
Assuming that you're asymptomatic and your next set of labs are similar to your current labs, if I were your doctor, I would not recommend starting treatment at this time.
Good luck, good health. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- A Wet Clear Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.