should i ?
Feb 7, 2005
my cd4 count is 299,as far as what i have read you should start therapy once your cd4 drops to 300,should i start the treatment now?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
I always like to confirm lab tests (whenever possible) prior to making the decision to start medications. If a repeat set of labs confirm that your CD4 count is below 300, then if you were my patient and if you were will and able to take medications, I'd recommend starting HIV treatment.
Have a healthy conversation with your doctor. She or he can guide you through these decisions.
Good luck, thanks for reading. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.