How long do newer regimes work?
Feb 7, 2005
Hello, first many thanks for your work, this site and especially the questions and answers helped me much since diagnosis. I just wanted to ask how long newer regim work on average for treatment naive patients? Thanks
Response from Dr. Pierone
Well, that depends on the patient. For someone that has perfect adherence and no medication related side effects, they will work indefinitely. For someone with very poor adherence they don't work very well at all. For someone with mediocre adherence, they might last a few years on average. The crucial thing is that these newer regimens are much better tolerated than the original ones and this translates into vastly better quality of life.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.