Let every one see this. An honest view.

If hiv does not start to cause damage on average 10 years after infection, Why on the world would anyone bare the side effects of medicines that are poisonous. Some who stay off meds are healthy 10 to 15 years and more without killing themselves with meds. If these meds only offer to extend life 5 to 10 years past the already 10 that it takes for hiv to turn to aids why would one take them. All the side effects and harm to the organs that these meds cause will not allow one to live a healthy life. In order for our immune system to function properly one must purify the cells that are the catalyst for healing. Lets be real about this disease, Not much is known. The only thing I know is that Pharm and med industry is making a killing. If you take three hiv+ people that were infected at the same time, I really wonder who would be healthier 15 years down the road. If one took meds, the other smoked, drank, and abused his immune system but took meds also, and the 3rd maintained health through exericise, healty eating and holistic approaches toward healing but no meds. Of the three positives which would be healthier over the span of life 10 years and beyond. Here is what I think the out come would be. The smoker drinker on meds would die of toxic poisoning caused by meds and toxins from smoking and drinking plus the azt or ddl or what ever poison he is on.Yet when he dies it will be said he died of aids. He will go first. Then the question will remain the hiv+ on meds versus the hiv+ no meds who will have a better quality of life. The + on meds has to adhere to a regimen that will be difficult on his body and organ, Hard to deal with all the side effects and pill burden. Not including the deaths caused by these toxic meds. And because as his organs have been damaged by the meds the disease will actually progress faster. On the other hand the positive on no meds will maintain organ function that is important for healing function and cell maintenance. As the disease enters late stages he will have a healtier system in which to fight off illness. The reason there are slow or non progressors is that they maintain health by staying healthy,their immune system becomes active against all viruses including hiv.In some cases I would say that meds may be a persons only choice. For me I would take the meds as a last resort after all other holistic approaches for health failed. Hiv is a disease that is individual. So one must manage there disease not by what the med and pharm industry wants you to do, but by that which is right for you. Search and find the answers for yourselves. The answer lies within.The pharm industry wants u to buy all these meds take expensive test and make them rich. We are entering a new era. I believe the person recently infected should monitor and maintain health but let their immune system defend first. If the immune system fails 10 years from now then see what therapies are available then. Hopefully there will be a cure or something close, if not go on the meds then. In conclusion I want to say that every one will die of something, Sure these meds may have extended the physical life of many but at what cost. The quality of life for those on meds is poor at best and who knows what real damage from the meds lurks around the corner, may be worse than hiv for some. Please docs let this article be posted, your views should be challenged for the true health of mankind. George A. E.

In the interest of free speech, here's your post.

Let me say simply that I disagree strongly with your view that medications haven't resulted in the most dramatic improvement in the medical prognosis for persons living with HIV. BY

When do I start treatments?
Sexual Problems