Reyataz and yellow eyes

I am 30years old woman from Africa.I started treatment with Reyata,Azt,epvir and novir(100mg)4 weekes ago.I am fleeing ok but my eyes turned yellow and my face is a little bit swallowed .I am very waried.I have financial problem to see doctor as I want.Shall I stop the medicine?Or What is your advice?I have access anly to reyatza,norvir epivir.AZt,viread and trizivir.

Thank you for your post.

Atazanavir (Reyataz)- induced yellowing of the eyes (scleral icterus) and skin (jaundice) appears in about 10% of patients who start on ritonvir (Norvir)-boosted atazanavir regimens. While usually mild and sometimes abates with hydration and time, for some patients the symptoms can result in the need to modify treatment.

If the symtpoms are unacceptable to you, one strategy would be to change to unboosted atazanavir (400 mg daily). In the US, we would consider a switch to a different boosted protease inhibitor, such as fosamprenavir (Lexiva, Telzir). The later drug is generally very well tolerated and does not cause yellowing of the eyes and skin.

Before you stop or change your medications, I would strongly advise that you talk to your doctor. With her or his help, you may be able to best plan your next move.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

CD4 & Sickness
CD4 = 4.6