starting viramune

Hi there, I have a question in regards to starting viramune. for five years, I took a combo of viramune and combivir. Last year, I decided to take a holiday, and now I feel that I need to go back on the meds. My question relates to starting viramune, I vaguely remember having to gradually increase the starting dose over a few weeks...is this right? it was five years ago, so things do change.

sincerely.

When nevirapine (Viramune) is started, the dose is escalated over a one week period. The initial dose is a single 200 mg pill, once-daily. After the first week, the dose is increased to 200 mg, twice-daily. Some doctors will also dose (in the second week) nevirapine as 2 pills (400 mg ) once-daily, though this dose is not formally endorsed by the FDA. BY

diet pills and starting treatment
CD4 and viral load?