|DAPYs? How far long is this treatment?
Jan 23, 2005
I've been reading a lot about DAPYs. To my understanding, these are drugs that can be taken together to fight the virus. What's the status of those drugs, how much longer must reasearch be conducted before human trials are sought, and how can one participate if test subjects are needed?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post. Like many early experiemental compounds, it will likely take a couple of years before we know if DAPY will even become a drug, never mind all of the relative benefits and risks.
A typical clinical development program takes a minimum of three to five years and involves close to, if not more than 1000 clinical research subjects. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.