Jan 21, 2005
Hi Docs..I was diagnosed in early Dec 2004 cd4 1129, 30%, vl 55000. In eartly Jan 2005 cd4 875, 34%, vl 38000. My MD says that I am doing better because my percentage went up. Im confused because my cd4 dropped so much so quickly. Please help me understand. Am I really doing better? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting. When CD4 cells are so high it is very common to see them fluctuate by hundreds at a time. The CD4 % tends to vary less so it is another way to track the status of immune function. There is no significant difference between these readings and the long-term trend is most important.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.