|Treatment for Male Yeast Infections
Jan 21, 2005
Is there an over the counter (OTC)cream to treat male yeast infections? Can a male use a woman's (OTC)cream for such an infection?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Some men will develop Candida intertrigo, a yeast infection of the skin that may involve the groin and this responds to OTC creams such as clotrimazole (Lotrimen). A similar yeast infection of the glans of the penis is called balanitis and also responds to clotrimazole.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.