|when does one get sick?
Jan 20, 2005
I am wondering, when does one with HIV get sick? At which level? What VL or CD counts?
| Response from Dr. Young
In general terms, simply having a high viral load does not result in sickness. By contrast, persons with lower CD4 cell counts (definitely below 200, though some are symptomatic with numbers in the 300-range) are commonly symptomatic.
The time from initial infection to symptoms varies from person to person (and at a rate which seems to depend on viral load), though is usually measured in years. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Achy Balls After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Achy Balls After Docking Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.