Truvada replacing combivir

Hi, I have been using Combivar 2 a day, and Sustiva now for about 3 years and very effectivly. My doc wants me to start using the relativly new drug Truvada (1 a day) with the Sustiva. I see Truvada as a relativly 'new' medication and wonder if you think it's be wise to wait six month or so just as a precaution. Just thinking the 'real world' is a real testing ground. My doc said it's up to me. Think I am being overly cautious?

If you are having no problems with Combivir there is no compelling reason to change now. In general, Truvada is better tolerated than Combivir, and once daily dosing is an additional advantage. So for someone nave to therapy Truvada seems to be is a more sensible choice. But for those who have been on Combivir without incident and don't mind taking medication twice daily there is no reason to change.

Stopping successfull sustiva combo without developing resistance.
First Line Therapy For Treatment Naive