Needleless injection?

Hi.

Has any progress been made in "needleless injection"? I know that it is being explored, just wondering if it is coming soon? I've been using Fuzeon for a couple of years now.

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Your question is very timely as there was a presentation at the December 2004 DART (Frontiers in Drug Development for Antiretroviral Therapies)conference in Jamaica related to administration of Fuzeon via a needless system. I have searched unsuccessfully on the internet for information on this presentation ... hopefully a conference summary or publication will be coming out soon.

The authors were True,AL; Zhang,Y; Chui,YY; DeMasi,R; Patel,I; Stout,R; & Miralles,D. The title of their presentation was "Needle-free Administration of Enfuvirtide with Biojector 2000 demonstrates bioequivalence to standard needle administration."

A few things to keep in mind... This is not an approved method for administration of Fuzeon. My literature and internet search didn't pull up any information on this study. As it becomes available, talk with your healthcare provider to review the data and see if this might be an appropriate option for you to consider.

I'm attaching a link to the needleless injection system reported in the title of the presentation at DART. There's no mention of the Fuzeon study on their web site.

Biojector 2000

--dk

Injection reaction (Thigh area)
Missed 2 doses