Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Needleless injection?
Jan 15, 2005

Hi.

Has any progress been made in "needleless injection"? I know that it is being explored, just wondering if it is coming soon? I've been using Fuzeon for a couple of years now.

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Your question is very timely as there was a presentation at the December 2004 DART (Frontiers in Drug Development for Antiretroviral Therapies)conference in Jamaica related to administration of Fuzeon via a needless system. I have searched unsuccessfully on the internet for information on this presentation ... hopefully a conference summary or publication will be coming out soon.

The authors were True,AL; Zhang,Y; Chui,YY; DeMasi,R; Patel,I; Stout,R; & Miralles,D. The title of their presentation was "Needle-free Administration of Enfuvirtide with Biojector 2000 demonstrates bioequivalence to standard needle administration."

A few things to keep in mind... This is not an approved method for administration of Fuzeon. My literature and internet search didn't pull up any information on this study. As it becomes available, talk with your healthcare provider to review the data and see if this might be an appropriate option for you to consider.

I'm attaching a link to the needleless injection system reported in the title of the presentation at DART. There's no mention of the Fuzeon study on their web site.

Biojector 2000

--dk

Previous
Injection reaction (Thigh area)
Next
Missed 2 doses

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.