Blood Sugar out of control

Dear Doc, I have been on sustiva and combivir for 3 years now.I am also type 2 diabetic and been on metoformin for years prob about 6. I noticed a few months ago that my blood sugar was always between 200 and 300 everytime i tested my self so i asked my hiv doc about it and he said my hiv meds where effecting it,so i went to my diabetes doc and told him we needed to adjust my meds.he adjusted it from 500mg twice a day to 1000 mg twice a day.i have been takeing the 1000 mg of metofofmin twice a day now for a week and still my sugar is between 200 and 300.has not been under 200 in months.suldn't my increase in metoformin have started lowering it already or does it take awhile? please answer i dont know what to do next.

Thanks for your post.

It's not clear to me what extent your HIV medications are causing alterations in your sugar levels, though the possibility of drug-related increases is possible.

It is important, either way to get improved sugar control. I would have expected some improvements in your levels following the increase in your metformin. The fact that you're still not at target glucose levels is disturbing and deserves follow up by your doctor.

Good luck, BY

Illness & possibility of resistance during initail phase of treatment.
yuck