*Antinuclear Antibody Tests
Jan 14, 2005
Hello Doctor, Hopefully three simple questions... 1) Does an Antinuclear Antibody Test react positive in the presence of HIV infection?
2) Does a CPK Test react positive/abnormal in the presence of HIV infection?
3) Does a Aldolase Test react positive/abnornal in the presence of HIV infection?
I understand that these tests are NOT specifically for HIV, but am curious if HIV infection would affect these tests positively.
Thanks for all of your help.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and questions.
To the best of my knowlege, there is no significant interaction between the ANA, CPK and aldolase tests and HIV infection. It's conceivable to me that persons with HIV might have a falsely negative ANA, since these antibodies are produced by one's own immune system and HIV causes an imbalance with the immune system.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.