*Antinuclear Antibody Tests

Hello Doctor, Hopefully three simple questions... 1) Does an Antinuclear Antibody Test react positive in the presence of HIV infection?

2) Does a CPK Test react positive/abnormal in the presence of HIV infection?

3) Does a Aldolase Test react positive/abnornal in the presence of HIV infection?

I understand that these tests are NOT specifically for HIV, but am curious if HIV infection would affect these tests positively.

Thanks for all of your help.

Thanks for your post and questions.

To the best of my knowlege, there is no significant interaction between the ANA, CPK and aldolase tests and HIV infection. It's conceivable to me that persons with HIV might have a falsely negative ANA, since these antibodies are produced by one's own immune system and HIV causes an imbalance with the immune system.

BY

question
pnumonia