Late taking a dose

Dear Dr., I was recently informed that I was poz back in July. I had an initial viral load of over 300,000 and a CD-4 count of just over 450. Although my CD-4 count was been going up, my viral load staying about the same. I started meds (Sustive, Emtriva and Tenofivir) in late September. My numbers have been getting better and better. After a month of meds I was at a liral load of just over 1,400 and a CD-4 count of about 654. At my last check-up I was at a viral load of 446 and a CD-4 count that was in the 700's. I have had very little side effects from the drugs, but that is not why I am writing. Last night I wasn't feeling all that well, so I went to take a nap. Next thing I knew it was 8am. My doc said that if I realize that I miss a dose and it's still well over 12 hours until my next one, just to take it, so I did. Is that going to mess up my progress? Please let me know.

Thanks, Just Curious...

Dear Just Curious--

You shouldn't have any long term issues being late on a single dose of your medications. Indeed, the half lives of the medications that you're taking are so long, that the incremental difference in the time of the dose really should have a significant impact.

Thanks for reading. Have a happy and healthy new year. BY

natural, safe immune system boosters?
inhaled asthma meds: effect Lymphocytes and CD4's?