Paris Trial

Hi Doctor.. I recently seroconverted (1 month ago) - my initial numbers are 1150 T-cell and viral load 50 000. I am interested in trying the new vaccine that is in initial trial in Paris in trying to reduce viral load. I read the article/study that you referred another client to. I am no medications at this time. What is your opinion in trying this and where can I go or who do I contact to volunteer? I undertsand it is costly but want to tackle my disease ASAP in the least toxic ways. Thank you very much...

If you are in the United States, I found 2 dendritic cell vaccine trials on the NIAID website (study 1, study 2) . I have sent emails to both investigators to see if these phase 1 trials are still recruiting. All I can tell from the study description is that these trials are using dendritic cells, but they may be very different in design from the French work. It may not be that costly because investigational trials have their cost typically covered by the sponsor. Of course, travel and time away from home and work are costs as well.

The French dendritic cell study should probably called the French/Brazilian study since it was actually performed in Brazil. I will try to find out when and where they will be performing further studies. Thanks for posting.

HIV infected living longer?
Re: Definition of a full blown aids