HIV infected living longer?

Hello I am 25 years old and was diagnosed 2 months ago, and I was recently infected about 6 months ago. I have no clue about this diseases and everyday I learn more. My first tought was that I was going to die in the next 2-3 years. My CD4 counts are @ 500's and my VD are in 50,000's. Are people living longer and healthier nowadays w/ all these new meds, or does it depend on each individual how it manages the disease? I am very scared but I feel I am in good hands w/ doctors @ AHF here in California. Should I start meds now to live a longer life? Please help me

People are now living longer and healthier because of advances in treatment over the last 10 years. Your numbers are good and generally antiretroviral therapy is not started until the CD4 count is under 350. Here is a link to the DHHS guidelines which contain an informative discussion regarding the pros and cons of HIV therapy. The rationale for the 350 CD4 cell threshold is also discussed. AHF is AIDS Healthcare Foundation, a very large organization with expertise in HIV management. This is certainly a good starting point. Best of luck to you.

Resvatrol, and DAPY's trials phase III get underway
Paris Trial