Fast pogressor or is there a rebound coming?

I'm 42 years old and in good health. I tested positive July 2004 and I am fairly sure that I was infected in June (tested neg Jan 04). My CD4 has consistantly dropped (Aug 11/377/22%, Oct 7/255/23%, Dec 1/245/27%, Dec 15/216/24%) Viral load has been 54K,87K and 18K respctively (no vl on Dec 15). My doctor says I'm a fast progressor and should start meds now. I have just recently heard that it can take up to a year to bounce back from the intial drop (One person dipped to 180 but slowy came back that first year). Since I have only been infected for 6 months, should I seek another opinion or should I just go ahead and start the meds since I'm so close to 200 and well below 350. I've resolved myself to taking the meds, but I will have regrets if I find out later there was a good chance I would of bounced back since I was newly infected. He's writing the prescription tomorrow so some quick guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you for you time.

It really does not sound like you are ready to start treatment and your concerns are legitimate. There are reports of CD4 rebound after primary infection and you can wait a bit and get some more readings. The viral load readings are relatively low and this argues against rapid progression. It is too early in the course to determine the longer term trend. Repeat readings over the next 6 months should provide a clearer picture. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Living for a cure
Resvatrol, and DAPY's trials phase III get underway