Acute phase treatment

Hello Doc... I was tested negative four weeks ago and then became positve 3 weeks ago with confirmation from two clinics. I had a bad "flu" at the time not knowing that I was in the seroconversion phase. My doc wanted me to start sustiva, viread and epivar right away without knowing my T-cell count. My viral load three weeks ago was 50 000. He said I was a rare case. Does research strongly support early treatment for me? Please help..thanks...

It is not so rare now to see primary HIV infection since the rates of transmission have increased in recent years. There is also a higher awareness of primary HIV infection so it is not missed so often.

Research does suggest that early treatment for primary HIV infection may be beneficial, but this is not yet proven. Ongoing studies should answer this question; in the meanwhile the decision is left to the discretion of the treating doctor and patient.

life after HCV treatment
Living for a cure