|PEP and ARS symptoms
Jan 9, 2005
Hi! I am on pep after insertive vaginal penetration. I started 42 hours after the exposure. I am wondering about the chances that a transmission occured. Today i am finishing my 30 days treatment and I haven't experienced any symptoms of ars symptoms. Is there a greater chance that i am not infected because og this, or may my pep-treatment prevent experiensing such symptoms or will they probably be delayed. Hope you can answer me...please...
| Response from Dr. Pierone
The risk of transmission after insertive vaginal penetration is low to begin and the absence of symptoms is reassuring. There is not evidence that I am aware of that PEP delays symptoms of seroconversion. Chances are very high that you will be fine.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could Pep Drugs Delay The Symptoms Of Ars
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.