Fast Progression? (Am I Doomed?)

Hello The Body Experts. First i would like to thank you all for the all the work and time you guys give to all of us with this virus. Heres my story i was infected 7 months ago I did have ARS that lasted almost 5 weeks i thought it was the flu untill my dentist told me i had thrush and told me i should get an hiv test so I ordered a home access test and i did test positive for HIV-1 I was so shocked and refused to believe I was infected to I took another home access test and again the result was positive for HIV-1. I have not told my doctor about my results because i figured i had time to get my head strait and tell my family about my status when i felt the time was right but about 2 weeks ago i developed thrush again on my tounge and throat and ive been doing alot of reading on the net about this disease and it says that thrush doesnt become a problem untill the CD4's drop below 350 i just had a CBC about a week before I had the thrush comeback and it came back normal so this is what i dont understand am i a fast progressor? would my cbc have showed a low cd4 count? and if so wouldnt the doctor have said something to me im very scared im a 25 year old male i am a smoker and i am tring to quit i got a persciption for wellbutrin to help me quit smoking could that cause thrush? ive never had thrush before i was infected with HIV and i can find no other reason why i am having another outbreak of thrush so soon after my infection other than that i am progressing fast and i will soon have AIDS are my worries founded in anyway or am i just being a lunatic? Please any advice would help i do not want to tell my doctor about my status yet for reasons i do not care to disclose but i asure you that are good ones but i know thats not an excuse but i really just want to let it ride for just a little longer do you think it be wise to do so? again thank you for everything and i hope to hear from you wonderfull people

Take care

Thrush typically does not occur until CD4 counts are moderately decreased, but this is not a hard and fast rule. Some people (not HIV-infected) will get thrush as a result of antibiotics and smokers are at greater risk as well. Also, some people that are newly infected with HIV have a major decline in CD4 cells (with or without thrush) that may partially recover within a year.

The normal CBC is a welcome finding, but you should have some blood work done to determine the status of your CD4 cells and viral load. The uncertainty associated with not knowing what is going on is too unsettling. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Newly diagnosed and frustrated
turning point from HIV TO AIDS