ganciclovir or cidofovir?
Jan 7, 2005
which of these two is less harmful to the body when used long term, ganciclovir or cidofovir?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Long-term use of cidofovir (Vistide) is very challenging because of kidney toxicity. Gancyclovir is probably better tolerated long-term for this reason. But some individuals will tolerate cidofovir well for long periods. Valcyte (valgancyclovir) is more commonly used now than gancyclovir because it is available in oral form. Hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Physical Examinations Check For Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Your Nipples Sucked?
- Hiv Symptoms Rare After 6 Weeks
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.