Blood Brain Barrier effectiveness
Jan 7, 2005
With my initial regimen of Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada, is the FTC considered a good blood-brain barrier medication? I am assuming so, since FTC is just a me-too upgraded formulation of 3TC, which is known to be effective to treat HIV in the brain.
Response from Dr. Pierone
Yes, there should be no problem with adequate blood-brain barrier penetration with this regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats Sign Of Ars
- White Tongue Worried It Could Be Ars
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.