|Blood Brain Barrier effectiveness
Jan 7, 2005
With my initial regimen of Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada, is the FTC considered a good blood-brain barrier medication? I am assuming so, since FTC is just a me-too upgraded formulation of 3TC, which is known to be effective to treat HIV in the brain.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Yes, there should be no problem with adequate blood-brain barrier penetration with this regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Having Sex During Period
- Too Scared To Get Tested After French Kissing
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Are Itchy Testicles A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Are Purple Spots A Sign Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.