|Somatropin IU dosage
Jan 7, 2005
I am going to be prescribed somatropin by my physician and am doing some research. One thing that confuses me is if I am going to be dosing at 5 mg per day, how many IU's is that per day? I'm asking because I'm researching my options on getting the best price.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Based on the package insert for Humatrope, 5mg of this form of hGH is equal to 15 IU. I assume that this conversion works for the other types of hGH as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Blood Tests For Yearly Physical Find Hiv?
- Tested Hiv Negative After 4 Weeks
- Why Do Doctors Prescribe Different Antibiotics For Chlamydia?
- Which Cells Are Affected By Herpes?
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.