Should I think about starting treatment?

Should I start treatment?

10-18-04 VL 27,900 CD4 864 Denver Health ID Clinic 12-07-04 VL 79,600 CD4 872 Univ Colorado Health Sciences Center 12-14-04 VL 39,800 CD4 770 Denver Health ID Clinic 12-14-04 VL 58,400 CD4 741 Univ Colorado Health Sciences Center

I am concerned that the VL may be hitting 100,000 and I am very fatigued regularly. I am on 500 mg of Depakote for Bi-Polar condition, I doubt the Depakote is causing the fatigue cause I been fatigued regularly before starting the depakote.

Foster

Foster, Thanks for your post.

Aside from fatigue, I'd see little reason to start medications right now. Your CD4 count is very (and reproducibly) high and your viral load is only averaging in the ~50,000 range.

As for your fatigue, while it's possible that HIV is responsible, I'd want to fully evaluate all of the other potential causes (there are many), before settling on HIV as thte cause. I'd ask about testosterone levels, anemia, depression, poor sleep and the like.

In the end, if you can't find another reason for fatigue and the symptom is interupting or limiting your ability to do your usual daily activities, then (and really only then) would I start on medications.

Hope this helps. It's good to hear from other Coloradoans. Have a happy and healthy new year. BY

IL-7 as a treatment in 2 years?
Efavirenz and atazanavir vs omeprazol