T4 Fluctuation

I was diagnosed in July 2004 and my T4 was 75 and VL was 324329. These are my T4/VL readings since I started my meds. (AUG-357/3429) (SEP-259/442) (OCT-361/19) (NOV-252/less than 75: undetectable) Why is my T4 count fluctuating so much? Thanks.

T4 cells (or CD4 cells) regularly fluctuate, so the general trend has to be followed instead of short-term gyrations. We measure CD4 cells in the blood, but they just use the bloodstream like a highway. Sometimes we catch them on a summer Friday afternoon and they are all trying to get to the Hamptons; that's how it goes.

In your case the viral load has become undetectable and the CD4 count has jumped quite significantly. As long as you adhere to the regimen things should go very well. Best of luck!

R278474
Treatment in the UK