|antivirals or antiretrovirals?
Jan 3, 2005
which type of drug is typically more toxic and difficult to remain on long term - antivirals or antiretrovirals?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
We use both terms here equivalently. Antivirals formally refer to all medications that treat viruses, and as such would include medicadtions that treat HIV, hepatitis or herpes. Antiretroviral medications are restricted to HIV. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Selenium Sulfide Help With Flat Warts Hpv?
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
- Once You Have A Std Do You Ever Get Rid Of The Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.