|antivirals or antiretrovirals?
Jan 3, 2005
which type of drug is typically more toxic and difficult to remain on long term - antivirals or antiretrovirals?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
We use both terms here equivalently. Antivirals formally refer to all medications that treat viruses, and as such would include medicadtions that treat HIV, hepatitis or herpes. Antiretroviral medications are restricted to HIV. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.