Delaying Sustiva for Time Zone

Hi... I've been on once-per-day Sustiva & Truvada for about 13 weeks with great results. (1st Regimen) cd4 from 290 to 580 & VL from 330,000 to 1000. I take my meds at 11pm Eastern time before bed, but will be travelling for a week to Hawaii. I know the Truvada is sensitive, so I will take that at 6pm Hawaii time, but is it adviseable & safe to delay the Sustiva till bedtime there to avoid the dizziness/eating conflicts for the duration of the week? I understand the half-life is much longer with Sustiva.

Response from Dr. Lee

You are correct that Sustiva has a longer half-life. I'm not sure we can pinpoint exactly what the safe zone is, but probably splitting the difference (taking Sustiva at 9PM rather than 6 or 11) would be relatively safe.

Be well.

What to do about my meds!
treatment possibility