French Vaccine

Happy Holidays, Thanks for the great work you all do here. It's greatly appreciated. I'm a bit confused about the recent news regarding the success of the French therapeutic vaccine. It seems from what I've read that it was very successful - but I'm no doctor. The biggest criticism seems to be that the treatment was a bit "cumbersome" - as if some of the other HIV treatments aren't. If so many people can have such a great viral reduction as occurred in the French study with only one injection over a year why isn't there more hoopla over this news. As an HIVer I don't feel that the procedure described was too "cumbersome" for me. Not to be a Grinch, but it's frustrating sometimes that the pace of research seems to be glacial. Where is the sense of urgency? Can you shed any light on this vaccine study? Thanks again.

I agree with your assessment. I think this work represents a potential breakthrough for HIV management. If I were a vaccine researcher, I would be boning up on dendritic cell manipulation and visiting the lab in France to learn their techniques and extend this line of research.

Truvada as PEP
Melanoma and Sentinel Node