Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tetrasil for Vaginitis?
Dec 28, 2004

I have read your conversations about Tetrasil and HIV, however I was looking into this product to help cure and prevent my reoccurent bacterial infections.Tetrasil's active bio-electro chemistry (TSTTM) surrounds the vaginosis areas and quickly begins to attack the bacteria that causes the unpleasant odor, itching and/or burning. As Tetrasil's electrical energy kills the bacteria (this is what the product claims). I have had only 1 sexual partner in the last 2years. Does he need to be treated? I am becomming desperate. I have been tested for every STD and about 3years ago I was told I had vaginal herpes but have never had a sympton since. The odor and discharge is embarrasing. I have been prescibed Metro-Gel vaginal as well as pills but this never seems to go away. Prior to this I was having reoccurent yeast. I have tried no soap, no baths, clear detergents. My doctor can not pinpoint my problem, are there tests he can do? Do you know of any solutions? I am stuck with this? Can Tetrasil help?Please help

Response from Dr. Pierone

Based on the Tetrasil literature (cures AIDS, cancer, and even vaginitis!) I would steer clear of this agent.

Many women with vulvo-vaginitis are not properly evaluated and instead are given empiric antibiotics or anti-fungals. A pelvic examination, wet mount of vaginal secretions (microscopic exam), vaginal culture in some cases (like yours), is usually able to pinpoint the cause. If you have (or have had) Trichomoniasis, then your partner should be treated as well since men can serve as a reservoir for re-infection. You did not mention your immune status, but a low CD4 count could be reason for continuing problems. When women with low counts are treated with HAART and have reconstitution of the immune system we often see resolution of chronic vaginal infections. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Previous
Cocktail for drug resistant virus
Next
Starting meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.