Male Yeast Infection Help?

I am a bit embarrassed by this, since I have never suffered from it before but I think I might have a yeast infection.

It started about a year ago, my wife has suffered from yeast infections for as long as I can remember, but recently I think I might have one as well. I am uncircumcised and have never suffered from any condition down there until now.

Basically what I have is a substance that looks kind of cheezy - like either gummy substance or small white specks in small clumps gathered together, is white in color and smells a bit. It causes the foreskin to stick together and is difficult to remove even when I shower and attempt to clean it out. It also feels a bit uncomfortable, bordering on pain, when I pee. I have looked up male yeast infections on various sites and I am relieved to say that I do not suffer as badly as some of those poor chaps do, but I need to make sure.

I have been using Monistat and Canesten off and on since I stated having this and when I do, it goes away. But when I stop, it comes back. Nothing in particular that I have tried makes it worse or better, I tried going to a doctor, who proceeded to tell me nothing was wrong with me, and when I approached a pharmacist, he seemed grossed out and uncomfortable and made it clear that he did not really wanna be involved. I do not wish to become circumcised - nor does my wife. Is there any treatment that I can try to help this out? Is what I have even a yeast infection? Please help, I would be very grateful ....

It sounds like the real thing, men can and do get Candida balinitis. Diflucan generally works well for this infection. This may also indicate a reduction in CD4 cells so it would be important to know the status of your HIV infection.

Paris - Dendritic Cell Vaccine!
alcohol and treatments