st johns wort

the doctors said i dont need to start treatment now. my viral load is 1100 and my t cell is 590.so they said to wait.they want to check my blood regularly but i was wondering if i could take saint johns wort till then and how would that effect later treatment.thank you

Thanks for your question.

So long as you're not taking other medications, St. John's wort is fine. The key issue is that St Johns wort can interact with other medications, including several HIV antiretroviral medications, causing the levels of the medications to be too low. There shouldn't be any long term effect of taking wort with regard to the future use of HIV meds. BY

getting cmv colitis diagnosed
Stop taking drugs?