Questions about effectiveness and side effects

I just found out I am hiv+ and have about 3 more weeks before I get the results of my blood work.

If I am to go on any treatment, I would like to make a well informed decision as to which meds I would take. This of course, for me, would heavily depend on research reports showing effectiveness of varying regiments, and particularly the types and severity of the side effects that a particular regiment may inflict. In other words, I would like to see well established reports of, for example, what percentage of people experience rash, or increased cholesterol, diarrhea, etc, from a particular drug. Not just some blanket statement that I have been reading that this medication causes side effect X in some people. That just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

So if you can link me up with some great information regarding this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

For in depth information of this nature, your best bet is to go through the conference coverage on this site. Many of the summaries provide the information that you are looking for and also provide a link to the online research abstract as well. The other way to get this information is to go to the published article of the pivotal study of the regimen that you are researching.

Most regimens that we use have at least one or 2 large comparative trials and these can be referenced from the DHHS' (http://www.thebody.com/treat/guidelines_adult.html)or IAS treatment guidelines.

You can also check out the research section here: HIV Medications.

Good luck to you and let us know how things turn out when you get your lab results.

T-Cell Rebound
RE: Man Boobs? Videx? Switch?