NNRTI resistance

My initial resistence test showed that I am resistent to the current set of NNRTIs. What promising drugs seems to be in the works and available in the very near future for overcoming the resistance to the current set of NNRTIs?

Thanks for your post.

Sadly a significant number of persons acquire drug resistant HIV from the very beginning-- among those persons, non-nuke resistant appears to be the most common.

We should have good treatments for you, even without having to invoke new drugs. This is a good thing, since second-generation non-nukes (those experimental NNRTIs with antiviral activity against NNRTI-resistant virus) will still be some time away from approval, perhaps 2 years or more. Boosted PIs, entry inhibitors (including newer types in the pipeline) and NRTIs should probably have activity against your virus- the exact set of drugs to use would depend on the details of your resistance testing.

The good news is that your doctor performed the resistance test -- this should help minimize the likelihood that you would have partnered a couple of active drugs with an inactive drug (NNRTI).

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

Can I delay treatment?
Can Videx be Toxic?