5 years no meds, sudden change

I know you get a lot of questions like this so excuse my unoriginality. I've been positive for five years and have been asymptomatic the whole time. T-cells have hovered around 350-450, and viral load has been between 20,000 and 30,000. I had the numbers done again recently and T-cells had fallen to 225, and my viral load had shot up to 113,000. Conventional wisdom (and my doctor) would seem to suggest it is time to start meds. My question is: do you think there's any chance the numbers might improve if I waited another three months, or is that just cockeyed optimism?

I have always been very engaged in the decision making process with this disease and want to remain so now, at this crucial point. This website has been an invaluable tool (HUGE thanks!) and, as usual, I would appreciate hearing what you have to say.

Thanks again!

It is not cockeyed optimism to recheck the counts before finalizing your decision to start. Sometimes a lab report comes back that is not in keeping with previous levels and turns out not to reflect the true state of the immune system. I might repeat in 4 to 6 weeks though instead of waiting for 3 months. Good luck!

New Dr. says to stop some meds.
Man Boobs? Videx? Switch?