My CD4 has droppped to 31...

My virus load test will not come out until 2 weeks later.So I should wait. I havn't lost weight yet, and I only have the symptoms as following: coughing for four weeks and losing voice for 5 days; constipation and indigestion for a week. What is the status and the progression of my disease? Should I start medicine right now, or is there any other possibility to affect CD4 count?

Thanks for your question.

With a CD4 count of 31, there's little doubt in my mind that you should be on medications-- irrespective of your viral load. Your symptoms could be related to a number of different, including AIDS-related and often, non-AIDS-related issues. What is clear is that your symptoms deserve evaluation by your doctor.

I'd advise you to have a thoughtful discussion with your healthcare provider about the optimal approach to begin treatment for HIV-- this should hopefully ensure that you have the best chance of improving your immune system function and your health.

Good luck, BY

Tremors in hands, but not yet meds
New Dr. says to stop some meds.