Just Started Treatment; How Long Before CD4 Count Improves?

I was just diagnosed this October with HIV. I have a CD4 count of 131 and a Viral load of 164,000. I am 27yo and in extremely good health overall - no other STD's or OI's. My doctor put me on a combo of Sustiva, Epivir and Viread. I have been taking them for 2 weeks now with minimal side effects - only mild skin rash, mild dizziness and mild fatigue. My question is how long before I can see improvements in my CD4 count and Viral Load, assuming the meds work well? They told me to be patient, and I am, but I am just curious what the time line is I am looking at for improved health.

Thanks for your post.

It looks to me that you're on a very well tested first-line treatment. In several clinical studies with this or related treatments, one could expect to see about 150-200 CD4 cell increase within the first year of treatment. Viral loads should decrease nearly 99% within a couple of months-- all provided that your virus isn't resistant and you're able to take the medications with little missed doses.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

Thinking of taking a second prolonged drug holiday
Drug Timing