Avascular necrosis and HIV Link?
Dec 14, 2004
Is Avascular Necrosis directly related to HIV infection. I have gotten mixed messages from some research and my PCP who will not acknowledge a link. Where can I find the best answer?
Response from Dr. Pierone
There is no question that avascular necrosis occurs much more commonly in people with HIV infection. There are potential risk factors for this condition that include smoking, corticosteroids, androgenic steroids, diabetes, high cholesterol, and antiretroviral therapy. Here is a link to a good review article.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue An Ars Symptom?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.