|Avascular necrosis and HIV Link?
Dec 14, 2004
Is Avascular Necrosis directly related to HIV infection. I have gotten mixed messages from some research and my PCP who will not acknowledge a link. Where can I find the best answer?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
There is no question that avascular necrosis occurs much more commonly in people with HIV infection. There are potential risk factors for this condition that include smoking, corticosteroids, androgenic steroids, diabetes, high cholesterol, and antiretroviral therapy. Here is a link to a good review article.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Bronchitis An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared To Death
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.