Sustiva/Combivir

I have been switched to Combivir and Sustiva. I have taken Combivir in the past and had no problems but I am a little worried about Sustiva. I have heard about problems but not sure what to expect. My viral load went up to about 10K but have CD4 around 750. I am diabetic as well. My sugars have been good and the last A1C was 7.0. I'm worried about the side effects from the Sustiva. Could you give me some idea as to what I should expect?

Most of the side effects of Sustiva center around sleep disturbances and vivid dreams, these side effects tend to go away with time. Some people also may have the development or worsening of depression and anxiety. In addition, there may be worsening of diabetic control and rises in blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The potential for these metabolic side effects depends to some degree upon what you were switched from since other HIV medications may also interfere with glucose control and lipids. Hope this helps, good luck.

C-Pneumonia co-infection
Avascular necrosis and HIV Link?