Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Lump On Left Butt Cheek.
Dec 11, 2004

Where to start... This lump comes and go's. I have had it for about 5 months now. There is a marble size soft lump and surrounding that peice around the lump it's hard as a rock. It's pops / drains fluid. And once it does that it go's away for about a week and a half. But then it's back. I have been to the doctors and they did a biopsy on it. And the doctor said they couldn't find anything diffrent but a few bactteria that everyones body has. I have spent over 800.00 already at the doctors with this problem. He said possible absess he also said it could be a cyst but has done nothing but gave me antibiotics for it. it causes alot of pain when i sit. and i can tell right when its about to pop cause i can't even sit on it.

I also had hernia surgery about 1 1/2 years ago could it be from this? the hernia was located above my penis pubic hair area. Could it be a ingrown hair gone bad? could it be cancer? or a bloodcoth?

Please help since my doctor isn't doing any better. I have access to medication with no problems. anything you can suggest?

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

From the looks of it, you could either have an infected cyst or abscess. There is a pretty wide spread community outbreak of a drug-resistant staph infection, called MRSA. I'd wonder if this could be the culprit. I doubt that there's any relationship to your previous hernia surgery.

We've had a number of patients with this malady-- sometimes surgical drainage and/or excision of the offending lesion is required. Given the duration of your symptoms, it's pretty likely to me that you may require such intervention.

I'd talk to your doctor about whether a visit to a general surgeon might be warranted. Good luck, BY

Previous
CD4 apoptosis - the way of cure in future ?
Next
fosamprenavir+/- ritovavir

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.