Lump On Left Butt Cheek.

Where to start... This lump comes and go's. I have had it for about 5 months now. There is a marble size soft lump and surrounding that peice around the lump it's hard as a rock. It's pops / drains fluid. And once it does that it go's away for about a week and a half. But then it's back. I have been to the doctors and they did a biopsy on it. And the doctor said they couldn't find anything diffrent but a few bactteria that everyones body has. I have spent over 800.00 already at the doctors with this problem. He said possible absess he also said it could be a cyst but has done nothing but gave me antibiotics for it. it causes alot of pain when i sit. and i can tell right when its about to pop cause i can't even sit on it.

I also had hernia surgery about 1 1/2 years ago could it be from this? the hernia was located above my penis pubic hair area. Could it be a ingrown hair gone bad? could it be cancer? or a bloodcoth?

Please help since my doctor isn't doing any better. I have access to medication with no problems. anything you can suggest?

Thanks for your post.

From the looks of it, you could either have an infected cyst or abscess. There is a pretty wide spread community outbreak of a drug-resistant staph infection, called MRSA. I'd wonder if this could be the culprit. I doubt that there's any relationship to your previous hernia surgery.

We've had a number of patients with this malady-- sometimes surgical drainage and/or excision of the offending lesion is required. Given the duration of your symptoms, it's pretty likely to me that you may require such intervention.

I'd talk to your doctor about whether a visit to a general surgeon might be warranted. Good luck, BY

CD4 apoptosis - the way of cure in future ?
fosamprenavir+/- ritovavir