cd8 changes significant?
Dec 4, 2004
hello i am hiv+,until 3month ago my cd4 was=23 and cd8 was=23 but at my last test afew days ago the resals were so: cd4=25and cd8=37,cd4/cd8=60 how can it be explained?does it mean something?please tell me by the way,the plaket count fell from150 to90 during this period.
Response from Dr. Pierone
These changes in the CD8 cell count are not significant and don't change management decisions. The low CD4 count of 25 signifies immune depletion and treatment with HAART is in order. The low platelet count (90,000) is commonly seen with AIDS and typically returns to normal after antiretroviral therapy is commenced. Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.