Thinking of taking a second prolonged drug holiday

Based on updated guidelines of DHHS for starting HIV treatment, I would like to give my body another break from meds. My regimen is only trizivir for the last two years and has been undetectable since then with a CD4 of 700-800 as of last lab test. I was positive since 1997 and started with a CD4 of 600 and 72000 viral load at that time. After taking combivir and viracept for three years and remained undetectable, I stopped taking meds for three years till my viral load reached 70000 when I resumed with Trizivir. What do think Doc of giving myself another "break" for perhaps a year or two?

We know from clinical trials that people who started HIV treatment at high CD4 counts can safely stop therapy and can remain off for variable periods of time. So this is not an unreasonable approach based on current knowledge.

symptoms related to HIV infection
Newly Diagnosed